Veterans Mental Health Resources
Find a list of resources available to Veterans fighting their own battles outside of armed conflict. For a full list of mental health resources provided by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs for Veterans looking to discuss Afghanistan, please click here.
- Veterans Crisis Line: 1-800-273-8255 & Press 1 or Text 838-255; Online chat: Veterans Crisis Line: Suicide Prevention Hotline, Text & Chat
- Vet Centers: 1-877-921-8387 or find one near you
- VA Mental Health Services Guide: This guide will help you sign up and access mental health services.
- MakeTheConnection.net: Information, resources, and Veteran to Veteran videos for challenging life events and experiences with mental health issues.
- RallyPoint: Talk to other Veterans online. Discuss: What are your feelings as the Taliban reclaim Afghanistan after 20 years of US involvement?
- Download VA's self-help apps: Tools to help deal with common reactions like, stress, sadness, and anxiety. You can also track your symptoms over time.
- Tragedy Assistance Program for Survivors (TAPS): Request a Peer Mentor
- VA Women Veterans Call Center: Call or text 1-855-829-6636 (M-F 8AM - 10PM & SAT 8AM - 6:30PM ET)
- VA Caregiver Support Line: Call 1-855-260-3274 (M-F 8AM - 10PM & SAT 8AM - 5PM ET)
- Together We Served: Find your battle buddies through unit pages
- George W. Bush Institute: Need help or want to talk? Check In or call 1-630-522-4904 or email: email@example.com
- Elizabeth Dole Foundation Hidden Heroes
- American Red Cross Military Veteran Caregiver Network: Peer Support and Mentoring
- Team Red, White & Blue: Hundreds of events weekly; Find a chapter in your area
- Student Veterans of America: Find a campus chapter to connect with
- Team Rubicon: Find a local support squad